555 Timer PRO, and the extended version 555 Timer PRO EX, are the best 555 timer references available.
With almost a half million downloads so far, users have found our timer software to be superior to any other printed or digital resources.
Each provides an array of design wizards, circuit blocks and information panels that facilitate the use of the 555 timer in projects. Component value calculations for the 555 take into account the supply voltage, timer fabrication (CMOS or Bipolar), and, where appropriate, load currents.
- 555 timer synopsis - includes pin functions, fabrication differences, component selection
- 22 timer design wizards - 14 for the astable mode, 8 for the monostable mode
- input circuits - for gating an astable or triggering a monostable. Input categories are switch, touch plate, continuity, liquid level, AC detect, light, sound, and temperature.
- counter wizards - facilitate divide by/count to strategies using common binary and decade counters
- output circuits - that can be activated by the 555 timer. Includes switching loads, driving motors, driving LEDs, lamps, numeric and bar graph displays, and audio, ultrasound and RF outputs
- general - voltage reference design, "best pair" resistor substitution, logic families reference, IC pin outs for all ICs used in 555 Timer PRO EX
- PDF file output - create complete projects by writing all project circuit blocks to one convenient PDF file
Below are a few examples taken from the 7 major categories and 46 subcategories of 555 Timer PRO.
Click on any image to enlarge...
Main application window
One of the 555 timer overview screens. Topics include CMOS vs bipolar, bypassing, component selection, timer accuracy and control voltage
Astable mode calculator, with standard, wide-range and square-wave categories, as well as 10 additional groups of related circuits
Circuit application example, taken from Input Circuits...Continuity section.
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX (extended) are combined in the same demo download. Simply toggle between modes to view the features of each. Most resistor values are masked in the demo; some circuits are electronically blurred; some menu items are disabled.
Comparison of 555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX:
|555 timer design software||PRO||PRO EX|
|Timer design wizards|
|Astable mode, duty cycle > 50%||4||4|
|Astable mode, 0%-duty cycle-100%||9||9|
|Astable mode, square wave||3||3|
|Monostable mode (one-shot)||8||8|
|Adjusted for supply voltage, fabrication, load currents|
|Input circuit library||47||47|
|567 tone decoder wizard|
|Photo diode amplifier wizard|
|Digital counter/divider wizards|
|Output circuit library||41||41|
|Triac snubber wizard|
|LM386 audio amplifier wizard|
|Voltage reference wizards|
|Best-pair resistor wizard|
|Logic family overview|
|Active filter design wizard, LP, HP, BP, BS to order 6|
|Operational amplifier design wizards|
|Transistor amplifier design wizard|
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX v3.1 download [May 13, 2014]
555 Timer PRO and 555 Timer PRO EX are combined in one application. Purchase of a licence and registration of the product enables the full 555 Timer PRO or PRO EX mode.
A single-user license authorizes the licensee (only) to operate the software on two computers, such as a work computer and a home computer.
This application or its setup file, or any portion thereof, may not be redistributed by any means whatsoever, except with the expressed permission of Schematica Software.
Most resistor values are masked in the demo; some circuits are electronically blurred; some menu items are disabled.
Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2K
EXE setup file:
Archived setup file:
Upgrading from version 1? The upgrade is free. Please install Version 2 to a new folder.
Please report any downloading problems to email@example.com.